I am enjoying the fact that this blog is giving me an excuse to take pictures of the frivolous things of my daily life -- this being said, here's today's inane image of the day:
This is my idea of Saturday lounging... mmm comfy chairs and a Sweetwaters iced latte [oh and that's Mike's super large iced coffee]. I am definitely obsessed with the coffeeshop scene... in fact, I have very fond memories of the hours upon hours of time spent "studying" at Caribou Coffee prior to starting college. I even got a job at a coffeeshop in Ann Arbor and while I have my reasons for never wanting to return to that particular establishment for coffee ever again, I have to admit that I met some interesting people while working there.
[/boring life talk]
We received another OUWB update email yesterday containing lots of goodies including:
- Textbook list: it's really long... I guess this isn't a reason to love OUWB per se, but I like books... a lot. Plus, as a gift to the inaugural class, they are buying us all a Netter's Anatomy and stethoscope!
- Registration form: it's for realz now guys, we're going to be registered for our classes by the fabulous registrar, Janail Silver [yes, I have met her, and I have officially deemed her fabulous]
- Tigers game day: looks like OUWB is trying to make it a tradition to take us out for a baseball game -- originally they were going to charge $19/ticket [which is the cost for the seat], but the medical staff at Beaumont Health System offered to cover our cost! <3 you guys!
- Orientation week faculty dinner: apparently 4 students will be assigned to a faculty to have dinner with -- they will either cook for us in their home or take us out to a restaurant! Woohoo faculty-student bonding!
- An Evening of New Beginnings: we finally got the invites for this sch-fancy event! Apparently children are not allowed... sorry, little brother!
Now to blow my Amazon cart up with medical textbooks...
Labels: coffee, coffeeshops, lounging, OUWB