Day 234: Ready, set, Cardio!

Today's inane image of the day:

This was the view from Starbucks when I was in California... definitely was a fan of the palm trees and mountainous horizon!

Not quite sure if my title makes much sense, but hey, let's just go along with it. Alas, the last week+ has been filled with EKGs, pharmacology and trying to determine what I don't know. One of the hardest things to adjust to [at least for me] has been the fact that I can never really know what to expect. With this exam being an NBME one, at least I know these are standardized questions that are unlikely to test minutiae that appeared in one slide and diseases that only affect 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 individuals [just kidding -- our exams have never been that bad] [plus, I think the Boards actually like those diseases because they're more readily identifiable and thus, testable].

We have our Anatomy Practical Examination today and our Final Exam on Friday. Hopefully, all goes well!

On another note, a popular topic around the blogosphere has been about maintaining an online presence as a medical student. I hope to expand on my own views in the near-ish future [don't expect this website to be taken down anytime soon!], but I'll leave you with "5 Reasons Mind on Med Won't Disappear for Interviews," "My Social Media Manifesto," and one of my favorites, "Pioneering Unchartered Territory."

Happy Tuesday!
And thus, it begins: Day 234: Ready, set, Cardio!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 234: Ready, set, Cardio!

Today's inane image of the day:

This was the view from Starbucks when I was in California... definitely was a fan of the palm trees and mountainous horizon!

Not quite sure if my title makes much sense, but hey, let's just go along with it. Alas, the last week+ has been filled with EKGs, pharmacology and trying to determine what I don't know. One of the hardest things to adjust to [at least for me] has been the fact that I can never really know what to expect. With this exam being an NBME one, at least I know these are standardized questions that are unlikely to test minutiae that appeared in one slide and diseases that only affect 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 individuals [just kidding -- our exams have never been that bad] [plus, I think the Boards actually like those diseases because they're more readily identifiable and thus, testable].

We have our Anatomy Practical Examination today and our Final Exam on Friday. Hopefully, all goes well!

On another note, a popular topic around the blogosphere has been about maintaining an online presence as a medical student. I hope to expand on my own views in the near-ish future [don't expect this website to be taken down anytime soon!], but I'll leave you with "5 Reasons Mind on Med Won't Disappear for Interviews," "My Social Media Manifesto," and one of my favorites, "Pioneering Unchartered Territory."

Happy Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated -- they will appear once I deem them appropriate. Play nice and please keep your language professional! If you have a question, go ahead and ask here. I'll either respond in a future post or in a comment following yours. Please ask your medical provider for all of your personal medical questions -- after all, I haven't even finished medical school yet!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home