Day 53: The highlight of my week

Today's inane images of the day:

The stash ...

This was the weapon I used to stab my patient, J -- he was extremely compliant.

And then we got candy and a pin!

In the midst of cram-for-exams time, we stabbed each other with the flu vaccine. Oh, and I practiced taking a medical history with a standardized patient [a lot of improvement this time!]. But the flu shots were the most fun [yes, we actually gave each other the shot -- supervised by a nurse, of course].

Anyway, back to the books!

Today's medical school fact of the day: "You cannot get the flu from the flu shot."

Labels: , , ,

And thus, it begins: Day 53: The highlight of my week

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 53: The highlight of my week

Today's inane images of the day:

The stash ...

This was the weapon I used to stab my patient, J -- he was extremely compliant.

And then we got candy and a pin!

In the midst of cram-for-exams time, we stabbed each other with the flu vaccine. Oh, and I practiced taking a medical history with a standardized patient [a lot of improvement this time!]. But the flu shots were the most fun [yes, we actually gave each other the shot -- supervised by a nurse, of course].

Anyway, back to the books!

Today's medical school fact of the day: "You cannot get the flu from the flu shot."

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 6, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame the flu shot for my current health status. They're wrong, you CAN get sick from it.

-CB

ps. I hate that you don't reply to my comments anymore, and instead choose to ignore them, since we chat on Gchat.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

@CB: You cannot get the FLU from the vaccine... if your immune system was already depressed and you get the shot then... well, it's possible that you could catch a cold. =P

It seems redundant to reply to your comments AND chat on gchat... but if this makes you happy...

 
At October 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Jordan W said...

Clearly, we all know that vaccines give your children autism, duh.

 
At October 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

@Jordan: It's a good thing I know you're kidding.

 

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated -- they will appear once I deem them appropriate. Play nice and please keep your language professional! If you have a question, go ahead and ask here. I'll either respond in a future post or in a comment following yours. Please ask your medical provider for all of your personal medical questions -- after all, I haven't even finished medical school yet!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home