Today's inane images of the day:
 |
| Yesterday before heading to volunteer for the interview day, I saw this beautiful scene and just had to capture it. [If for some reason I can't pass medical school, can I just be OUWB's official photographer?!] |
 |
| This is my pink and blue version of an Embryology slide's concept map. Note the cute little bubbles. |
Usually, I would not classify fall as my favorite season just because I associate a lot more happier things with the summertime [i.e. my birthday, vacation time, sunny weather, etc.] -- but this year, I might be swayed by how gorgeous it has been around here! Plus, now that I've discovered that I live in such close proximity to the Franklin Cider Mill... I plan on going there very often for a hot cup of cider and fresh donuts. Mmmm, my mouth is already watering at the thought.
Other than hanging out with some awesome interviewees yesterday [I enjoyed all of your company and hope to see some of you here at OUWB come Fall 2012!], my days have been filled with lecture slides and really long words. I am a lot less panicked this time around for the exam, but some part of me wonders if I should be [more panicked]. On the Saturday prior to my BFCP1 midterm [BFCP = Biomedical Foundations of Clinical Practice], I was pretty much freaking out [hence my abnormally high caffeine intake that weekend]. But this time... I don't know. Hopefully this is a good sign.
The only thing that really concerns me is that we have a PMH [PMH = Promotion and Maintenance of Health] exam only a few hours after our BFCP1 one. In all honesty, I haven't really been being as diligent as I should with keeping up in PMH...
Alas, a positive attitude goes a long way and I'm going to try to keep seeing every glass as half-full. I'll keep you updated!
Today's medical school fact of the day: "The syncytiotrophoblast [yes, Blogger, I do have the correctly spelled!] is the layer that produces hCG." - Embryology lecture slidesLabels: BFCP, cider mill, donuts, embryology, exam, fall, PMH