Day 42: Fall is settling in

Today's inane image of the day:

This is the "trail" I jog [it's actually on the side of a road, which disqualifies it as a real trail, I guess?] [don't be fooled - I'm a terrible runner].

There hasn't been too much happening as of late. I finally feel like things are getting done in AMWA [though, this was at the expense of studying for GI] and I've had a brief window of opportunity to catch up with old non-medical-school friends.

--

Michigan has abruptly decided that fall is here, which means cider mill visits filled with hot cider and warm donuts [admittedly, I've already been to the cider mill twice to buy half a dozen donuts]. However, the cooler weather also means that it's much more difficult to peel myself away from bed in the morning - it's cold outside of my heavy covers and the sun doesn't start its lazy ascent until I'm already at school. I'm already kind of dreading the end of Daylight Savings Time [November 4th for those of you who are curious].

When I visited L.A. last weekend, I wondered if I could really abandon having 4 true seasons [as always, it was Sunny and 100+ degrees over there]. As much as I dread the seemingly never-ending gloom of late-Winter when the holidays have passed and everyone is just ready for Spring, I also couldn't imagine abandoning ethereal snowy mornings. Or breathing in the brisk, winter air. Or the quiet that often accompanies light snowfall.

Then again, as I type this entry, my hands are half-frozen, my toes are a suspicious Raynaud's color and I'm bundled up in a blanket. I guess I wouldn't mind flip-flops, flow-y dresses and sunglasses year-round.

Are you enjoying the changing seasons? Do you even like seasons?

And thus, it begins: Day 42: Fall is settling in

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 42: Fall is settling in

Today's inane image of the day:

This is the "trail" I jog [it's actually on the side of a road, which disqualifies it as a real trail, I guess?] [don't be fooled - I'm a terrible runner].

There hasn't been too much happening as of late. I finally feel like things are getting done in AMWA [though, this was at the expense of studying for GI] and I've had a brief window of opportunity to catch up with old non-medical-school friends.

--

Michigan has abruptly decided that fall is here, which means cider mill visits filled with hot cider and warm donuts [admittedly, I've already been to the cider mill twice to buy half a dozen donuts]. However, the cooler weather also means that it's much more difficult to peel myself away from bed in the morning - it's cold outside of my heavy covers and the sun doesn't start its lazy ascent until I'm already at school. I'm already kind of dreading the end of Daylight Savings Time [November 4th for those of you who are curious].

When I visited L.A. last weekend, I wondered if I could really abandon having 4 true seasons [as always, it was Sunny and 100+ degrees over there]. As much as I dread the seemingly never-ending gloom of late-Winter when the holidays have passed and everyone is just ready for Spring, I also couldn't imagine abandoning ethereal snowy mornings. Or breathing in the brisk, winter air. Or the quiet that often accompanies light snowfall.

Then again, as I type this entry, my hands are half-frozen, my toes are a suspicious Raynaud's color and I'm bundled up in a blanket. I guess I wouldn't mind flip-flops, flow-y dresses and sunglasses year-round.

Are you enjoying the changing seasons? Do you even like seasons?

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I had a couple questions for you after having interviewed at OUWB this application year.

My first question was regarding the attendance policy. I'm one of those people that can learn the material faster and better when I'm studying outside of class, and I always felt I wasted time going to lecture (in college, at least). OUWB seemed to be very receptive to student feedback, so I was wondering whether any current students have approached the administration at all about the policy?

My second question is one coming from basically an anxious pre-med. Since I interviewed here on the very first interview day, could I potentially hear back from OUWB in October? And if I don't hear anything from them next month, does that likely mean I will be waitlisted/rejected?

Thank you!

 
At September 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Dear Anonymous,

1. We have appealed the policy numerous times - unfortunately, I think some form of it will be around in the future.

2. I cannot say if you'll hear back from OUWB in October - if the committee thought you'd be a good fit for our school than you may, however I have no affiliation with the adcom so my guess is as good as yours. If you don't hear anything, then don't lose hope - I was originally waitlisted and didn't get in until mid-summer.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated -- they will appear once I deem them appropriate. Play nice and please keep your language professional! If you have a question, go ahead and ask here. I'll either respond in a future post or in a comment following yours. Please ask your medical provider for all of your personal medical questions -- after all, I haven't even finished medical school yet!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home