Day 143: It's official

Today's inane image of the day:

Do not be fooled by my smile - I'm freaking out inside right now...
At 10:42AM, I received my USMLE Step 1 Scheduling Permit and at 11:20AM while sitting at my favorite Starbucks, I scheduled my exam. It's official - I'm taking the first of many medical Board examinations on May 20, 2013.

*hyperventilates a little*

--

On another note, small changes here and there will be made to this blog - I want focus my entries on a more specific theme with a targeted goal. Hopefully before classes begin again [on Monday!], I'll decide what direction this space will head as we dive headfirst into the new year.

Happy New Year, my loves! I hope the very best to all of you in 2013!
And thus, it begins: Day 143: It's official

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 143: It's official

Today's inane image of the day:

Do not be fooled by my smile - I'm freaking out inside right now...
At 10:42AM, I received my USMLE Step 1 Scheduling Permit and at 11:20AM while sitting at my favorite Starbucks, I scheduled my exam. It's official - I'm taking the first of many medical Board examinations on May 20, 2013.

*hyperventilates a little*

--

On another note, small changes here and there will be made to this blog - I want focus my entries on a more specific theme with a targeted goal. Hopefully before classes begin again [on Monday!], I'll decide what direction this space will head as we dive headfirst into the new year.

Happy New Year, my loves! I hope the very best to all of you in 2013!

5 Comments:

At January 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck

 
At January 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM , Blogger sana said...

Congrats on registering and good luck! I am sure you will do great! I received my awesome desk calendar in the mail a couple days after Christmas and I love it! Do you have any suggestions on where I can buy a stand/frame to hold the entire thing? Thanks again! Best wishes for the new year to you as well :)

 
At January 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

I'm glad you received your calendar! This year I kept them loose so that you could tack it up with a pushpin on a board or something along those lines. If you're looking to not spend any money on a stand - you can make one with paper [check out this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9r6IQ6WsNk Or you could buy a small stand like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83083138/calendar-stand-in-rosewood-finish?ref=exp_listing or one of those plastic paper stands: http://www.amazon.com/CRYSTAL-PAGE-UPS-BLUE/dp/B000M1OZ4Y/ref=pd_sbs_op_2 (I'm not 100% sure on this last one because it does bend the paper a bit to keep it up, so the cardstock may not conform nicely to it). Hope this helps!

 
At April 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda:
Good luck with the exam. I was under the impression that most medical students take Step 1 in June. Does OUWB do it a little different?

 
At April 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Thank you! While it makes sense that many schools do have Step 1 scheduled in June immediately before starting clerkships on July 1 [that way the information is fresh in your mind before starting on the floors!], I personally like that we take Boards in May and have a "pre-clerkship bootcamp" in June. During this course, we review and practice the entire physical exam that we learned during M1/M2 years and learn additional clerkship-specific things [e.g. BLS, Epic electronic medical record]. I'm not 100% sure of what else we'll learn, but I can update here on specifics once June rolls around!

 

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated -- they will appear once I deem them appropriate. Play nice and please keep your language professional! If you have a question, go ahead and ask here. I'll either respond in a future post or in a comment following yours. Please ask your medical provider for all of your personal medical questions -- after all, I haven't even finished medical school yet!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home