Day 81: The sun came out today

Today's inane image of the day:

I've been working on completing this 2013 Health Awareness Calendar which features graphs depicting the disorders/conditions/diseases we recognize and educate on during specific months. Note how April and May aren't done yet...

This last week of gloomy weather has really taken a toll on my mood [but, the sun finally came out to play for a couple hours today!]. A couple nights ago I wrote a pretty extensive post that I published for all of 10 minutes before deciding that it was too whiny and completely unnecessary. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't keep it up.

For the first time since starting medical school, I accidentally turned all seven of my alarms off this morning and ended up a wee bit late to class. I feel accomplished that this didn't happen until the 81st day of my 2nd year... but I hope it never ever happens again. On the plus side, at least I feel semi-rested!

--

What are your thoughts? Please vote by clicking on this link!
... I'm thinking of selling the above calendars for $10 with half the proceeds benefitting the organization that receives the most votes [to be eligible to vote, you would have to purchase one] and the other half to my tuition bill. What do you think? Would you consider buying one? Maybe for the holiday season?

Please take 2 seconds to click on this link to answer a poll about the calendars - it's anonymous and will help me out!

[P.S. What happened to all my dedicated readers/commenters?! Are you out there?! Am I talking to an empty room? Stop by and say hi, please!]

And thus, it begins: Day 81: The sun came out today

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 81: The sun came out today

Today's inane image of the day:

I've been working on completing this 2013 Health Awareness Calendar which features graphs depicting the disorders/conditions/diseases we recognize and educate on during specific months. Note how April and May aren't done yet...

This last week of gloomy weather has really taken a toll on my mood [but, the sun finally came out to play for a couple hours today!]. A couple nights ago I wrote a pretty extensive post that I published for all of 10 minutes before deciding that it was too whiny and completely unnecessary. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't keep it up.

For the first time since starting medical school, I accidentally turned all seven of my alarms off this morning and ended up a wee bit late to class. I feel accomplished that this didn't happen until the 81st day of my 2nd year... but I hope it never ever happens again. On the plus side, at least I feel semi-rested!

--

What are your thoughts? Please vote by clicking on this link!
... I'm thinking of selling the above calendars for $10 with half the proceeds benefitting the organization that receives the most votes [to be eligible to vote, you would have to purchase one] and the other half to my tuition bill. What do you think? Would you consider buying one? Maybe for the holiday season?

Please take 2 seconds to click on this link to answer a poll about the calendars - it's anonymous and will help me out!

[P.S. What happened to all my dedicated readers/commenters?! Are you out there?! Am I talking to an empty room? Stop by and say hi, please!]

10 Comments:

At November 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda!! I'm here and I love the blog! I check everyday lol! I'm Codster0722 on your instagram too :).

 
At November 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Sometimes it feels lonely to write entries and get zero comments - especially when I know there's got to be *someone* out there reading it!

 
At November 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! I'm a student in the local area getting ready to apply to med school next summer. I'm not a frequent commenter, but I read all your posts and I appreciate the info, especially since OUWB is on my list of schools I'm interested in!

 
At November 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment. If you ever have any questions about applying, OUWB, etc, feel free to shoot me an email [though I'm sure you're on top of your game if you're reading blogs on the matter =)].

 
At November 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM , Anonymous Roger said...

Hey Amanda,

I have been following your blog for a while now, and I enjoy it. It's nice to have medical students that are kind enough to lend a hand on the bumpy road in becoming a physician. I am a biology major hoping to one day attend medical school.

 
At November 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Hi Roger,

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! We've all been in your shoes relatively recently and many of us are where we are because there are med students out there providing tips and tricks to survive the application process & medical school. I think it makes sense to at least try to give back to the next generation [like you!].

Good luck on your journey & always feel free to reach out to me if any questions arise along the way!

Amanda

 
At November 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with school

 
At November 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Thank you!

 
At November 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I'm always reading :) Also, I received an interview invite from OUWB and will be there on Dec 7. Hope to meet you!

Hira

 
At November 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Blogger //.amanda.eleven. said...

Hi Hira,

Congratulations on your interview invite! Since December 7th is just before to our final exams I may not make it to your interview day to help out. However... if you'd like to chat over the phone or grab coffee the evening before, I'd be happy to try to arrange something with you. Let me know (amanda@amandaxi.com).

[Thanks for stopping by and commenting!]

Amanda

 

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated -- they will appear once I deem them appropriate. Play nice and please keep your language professional! If you have a question, go ahead and ask here. I'll either respond in a future post or in a comment following yours. Please ask your medical provider for all of your personal medical questions -- after all, I haven't even finished medical school yet!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home