On to the next chapter

Today's inane image of the day:

Guess who now has a pager!
The last ~2 months have been a wonderful mix of traveling, catching-up and reflection. I don't think it's relavent to share all of my adventures here, but I encourage anyone entering their second year of medical school to leave time post-boards to do something memorable. After all, the exam will eventually fade into oblivion as you progress forward in your career, but those memories won't.

I started on my Surgery clerkship on July 1st along with the new interns and promoted residents. Four days in [we get the July 4th holiday off] and I have to agree with all those that came before me: clerkships are the crux of our undergraduate medical education. Each morning I enter the hospital, I feel honored to have the opportunity to be part of a healthcare team.

--

For various reasons, I will be moving my thoughts over to my new Tumblr: clinical.amandaxi.com. This blog will remain here as a reminder of my preclinical thoughts and progression, however, future updates will be at the new site. I encourage you to update your RSS feeds [since the closure of Google Reader, I've transitioned to Feedly], follow me and to visit the new page to pose questions and thoughts. There will no longer be a comments section - instead, I'll be using an "ask" box. Hopefully this new platform will be more conducive to discussion.
And thus, it begins: On to the next chapter

Thursday, July 4, 2013

On to the next chapter

Today's inane image of the day:

Guess who now has a pager!
The last ~2 months have been a wonderful mix of traveling, catching-up and reflection. I don't think it's relavent to share all of my adventures here, but I encourage anyone entering their second year of medical school to leave time post-boards to do something memorable. After all, the exam will eventually fade into oblivion as you progress forward in your career, but those memories won't.

I started on my Surgery clerkship on July 1st along with the new interns and promoted residents. Four days in [we get the July 4th holiday off] and I have to agree with all those that came before me: clerkships are the crux of our undergraduate medical education. Each morning I enter the hospital, I feel honored to have the opportunity to be part of a healthcare team.

--

For various reasons, I will be moving my thoughts over to my new Tumblr: clinical.amandaxi.com. This blog will remain here as a reminder of my preclinical thoughts and progression, however, future updates will be at the new site. I encourage you to update your RSS feeds [since the closure of Google Reader, I've transitioned to Feedly], follow me and to visit the new page to pose questions and thoughts. There will no longer be a comments section - instead, I'll be using an "ask" box. Hopefully this new platform will be more conducive to discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated -- they will appear once I deem them appropriate. Play nice and please keep your language professional! If you have a question, go ahead and ask here. I'll either respond in a future post or in a comment following yours. Please ask your medical provider for all of your personal medical questions -- after all, I haven't even finished medical school yet!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home